Holy Trinity Cathedral
The Holy Trinity Church
Holy Trinity Church is a temple of the Bishkek and Kyrgyzstan diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church in the city of Karakol in Kyrgyzstan. The revered list of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God is kept in the church.\n\nBy the end of the 19th century, wooden churches were no longer built in Russian cities, but since almost all the brick churches of Semirechie were destroyed by earthquakes by 1889, it was decided to build earthquake-resistant wooden churches. In Turkestan, a new flowering of wooden temple architecture began. The plans of these churches were created on the basis of the cross-domed model, but they had modifications, mainly due to the impossibility of giving the tree a rounded shape and smooth outlines.\n\nThe temple is three-aisled with a rectangular apse. The length of the temple is 35.5 meters, the width is 18 meters, the height of the walls is 5.1 meters, the height of the naves is 4.2 meters. Initially, it was supposed to build a temple in the form of an equal-ended cross, but later it acquired a rectangular-broken configuration. During the construction, an old square brick plinth was used. The plinth rests on granite blocks and a cobblestone foundation. The temple is crowned with five heads. The porch is made of granite blocks filled with cement mortar. A bell tower was built on the western side.